Apple Introduced the new version of Safari 4 in beta version few days ago.
Before I do this blog post, I just suppose it changes the design, increased the speed, add some fancy Top Site, and coverflow..etc.
But today, I carefully read the What's new in safari page from apple, there are so many great features!! For both users and developers!!!
Here comes a list of what I found really amazing.
1. 42x faster than IE 7, 3.5x faster than Firefox 3
2. Fancy Stuffs like top site and coverflow bookmarks
3. Searches like Spotlight, search google, your history, with suggested keywords
4. Full Page Zooming, not just the text like other stupid browsers which will ruin the website.
5. Of course, HTML5 + css3, and at least for web standard. Fxxx IE!
7. Anti-aliasing fonts for windows user (windows user can see beautiful fonts like we mac users do now, good for you, windows user)
Amazing Feature Suprised me - Generally for developers
1. Web Inspector - we can see all the files, js, and errors in a beautiful and simple way!
2. Viewing Elements - Highlighting and showing the css by elements ( this is one of the main reason I use CSSEdit, but now I can use safari instead~^^)
3. Accessing database - you can view the tables in safari
4 JS debug, and profiler
5. Resources pane let you have a glance of how much resource and time are used to load your website, graphically!
6. We can change user agent, like safari can identify itself as a Fxxxing IE
7. Disable different elements, we can disable images,disable js, disable css etc
Go to download it now, though it is in Beta version, it performs very very well, and very stable, you can easily notice a great leap in speed!